Monday, April 7, 2014

Just a little behind... meet Julia Fuller!

This little peanut caused contractions for months.  Sometimes they were so strong that if I hadn't already had a baby I would have thought that "surely" that was IT.  It never was.  For days, weeks, months even.  Four days before her due date was no different.  We went to a tailgate at our neighbors' house across the street that afternoon but mama got tired of standing around and left early. 

At midnight my water broke but I wasn't 100% sure.  My mom thought I peed myself but I was pretty sure I'd have known that... after about a half hour I woke up Matt and told him and then we called the hospital.  Our sweeeet neighbor April came over to spend the night with Jackson and we headed out.  Yes, we actually stopped for coffee (for Matt) on the way and the lady handing it over commented, "You having that baby tonight?"  "WHAAAAT I better hurry on up!" and about had a fit of laughter. 


 Once we got to the hospital they told me I wasn't in labor.  NO WAY.  I had done this before.  I told the nurse I most certainly wasn't going home.  A half hour later she was convinced enough to admit me.  From there things rocked and rolled as usual.  The epidural didn't take.  For hours.  Four hours to be exact.  If I'd wanted to go natural that would have been fine but I did not.  After that things stalled out so Dr. Cook came on in and helped BabyThing on out of there.   

 She weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 3 oz and was 20" long.  Champion eater and sleeper right out of the gate. 
 

We stayed the full three days (heaaaaaaven to be waited on hand and foot!).  She was back up to birth weight by the time we left.  Oh my.  Here is her grand arrival home.




No comments:

Post a Comment